Friday, August 14, 2009

Welcome Back

Well, what do you know, I remembered the username and password to my blog account. So to catch you up on what’s going on, my future son-in-law graduates today (congratulations Sean, well done), my older son Tad begins his post high school education next week, and my oldest, Teisha, is getting married next Saturday. Since I have nothing going on to keep me busy, I decided to start blogging again. Actually, I mentioned to Tina an idea about blogging the next couple of weeks’ experiences, and she sort of committed me to it on her facebook page, so I’ll do the best I can. I expect this to be more like a twitter in some cases, but since my twitter account is over a year old and I can’t remember the user id and password, I’ll blog.
This afternoon we start heading to Texas, so when I get home from work I’m sure Tina will have everything packed and Tad will have it all loaded so we can head out as soon as I do some pool maintenance. Yes, I still have some pool maintenance to do, you don’t think I planned ahead or anything do you?
(By the way, in my own “Where’s Waldo” kind of way, I have hidden sarcasm throughout the blog that may or may not be obvious.)
I’m very excited about the week ahead, but emotions are really all over the place. Tad starting college, Teisha getting married, having a son-in-law, all sound like great things, but they also certainly signal a change in our family dynamics. Of course, our family has always been about changing dynamics, from adding kids to relocating to different states, and with God’s help we have always ended up ahead of where we started. I don’t expect this will be any different.
My goal for the next two weeks is to just enjoy the ride, and if you keep up through my blog, I hope you enjoy it as well. Now, I have about 10 hours work to get done in the next half-hour or so, then we are on our way.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So this is like staying on a bull for 8 seconds. For you it's more like ~8 days or so. Don't fall off before you hear the buzzer. Looking forward to seeing you guys next Saturday.

Mindy said...

Yipee! I look forward to enjoying your Where's Waldo humor. I'm off this week, so make sure y'all use me if you need me. ~Mindy

David said...

Eight months between posts. If it weren't for Mindy's encouragement, that would probably be me! Looking forward to reading about your great adventure!