Friday, June 27, 2008

Happy Birthday

My oldest son turned 18 yesterday. He was away, doing a staff camp. Staff camp is where a group goes and actually works at church camp, helping staff the camp. Tough not to be with him on his birthday, but he is doing God’s work. It’s fun to watch him. He does great in school, and does his chores when made to. He enjoys some TV shows and video games. But with all that, he’s never more diligent and excited than when he is serving God. He loves his church and his friends there and always works very hard, whether it be at various camps, mission projects, FCA, or various other things. Later on this year, he will be going to India on a mission trip and serving there. As a father, I can only watch him in awe. I failed in many ways, but the one thing I have done correctly is pray for my kids, and Tad is proof that God is faithful to answer prayers.

Happy Birthday Tad.

No comments: